Sunday, April 17, 2011

Brokebitch scenerio #777 lucky worker...


I waited to the last possible minute to file my taxes because I knew I'd owe my Uncle. Uncle Sam has never been my favorite relative because all he does is take my money. ;) Today I had someone say "well you have to pay more taxes but, you're lucky to have a job" I'm here to tell you it is never luck that someone has a job. You create your own luck. I have three jobs because I'm a good worker. I'm talented and work hard to be the best at all three jobs. I don't show up and do 50% of what's asked of me. I do 110%. I earn my job. I'm not perfect but I really put my heart into anything I do. If it has Mandi attached to the job then it will be done to the best of my ability. I'm not lucky to have a job. I'm lucky I work hard to keep my job. I know sometimes people get cut even if they did do a good job but if they are good, can't they get another job? Life isn't fair but it does give you many opportunities to make a life for yourself. Sure, Starbucks wasn't my favorite job but it paid my bills until I found a better job. So do I feel lucky to work at two great places? Absolutely! However, am I lucky to have job? Absolutely not! I'm lucky to have a good work ethic to keep my jobs. I'm lucky my Grandpa, Papal Bud gave me the good work ethic gene! Papal Bud built Bud Alexander's Cafeteria(my first job)and was a self-made millionaire. That's a relative I can respect! Uncle Sam could learn from him, ;)
xoxo,
Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment