Sunday, June 12, 2011

brokebitch scenerio #22888 land of the free


so, I realized in the cosmetics biz, foreign clients who insist on getting a "free gift" any time of the year regardless if we have one going on, misunderstand the United States being the "land of the free". They think they get free things when they come here. I guess they are free to think that and they may be on to something! You'd be surprised how many free items you'd get if you asked! The cosmetics business for one always has samples of something. The gym industry is another place you can negotiate. I recently went to Gold's Gym and talked them down a little in price but in the end they wanted more than I had to give. So I moved on to another gym and am getting $10 a month at Planet Fitness. Your phone bill is negotiable as well. My verizon bill was over $200 one month and I realized I went over my minutes for the first time in two years. So I called and asked if they could cover the $80 as a courtesy. They said no. Not so fast, I'm a brokebitch I gotta get this done! I then asked to speak to a manager. She refused so I said goodbye. I then called back and spoke to another agent. I then asked the new agent for a manager to cover that portion of my bill as a courtesy for being a loyal customer. The manager stalled but ended up negotiating, paying 50% of the overage fee. Another opportunity is oil changes. I saved over $10 on an oil change and tire rotation at Midas with a coupon on the back of my grocery bill. So be aware of those coupons! When I wrecked my car I took it to a local shop, Foster's collision and when I was gonna pick it up I checked their website for their hours. I there found an ad giving customers $200 off for an estimate over $2,000. So the next day I asked the girl at the front desk if I was eligible for the discount and she said yes and instead of a $500 deductible I paid $300!!! Obviously sign your email up for groupon.com and living social cause I get to go to restaurants because I get them 50% off there! My vegitarian friend bit into bacon in her vegitarian salad,um, not good. The manager brought over a new salad and said is there anything else I can do? she said no. I said yes,with a giggle and a wink ;), a round of drinks would help! He laughed. I then said or atleast a free drink for her! she enjoyed a nice brewski that night on me, I mean the restaurant! ;) The key is being nice about asking for the freebies. Always assume they need you as a customer, it's a tough economy on you and them! It's as simple as supply and demand. They have the service but need you to want it and be able to afford it. So, maybe we are the land of the free(bies). ;)

xoxo

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment