Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Brokebitch scenerio #465: the PUSH

my actors on set of "Outside of Darkness"

After a weekend in NYC(trip from DPAC to see the shows for my listeners) I feel like maybe this is how it feels when a dream is coming true.  I've made it!  I can't go wrong with this thinking because thoughts equal things and it IS happening.  It's all because of the PUSH. You can stand in the frustration puddle of tears or you can let a friend or yourself push you to jump over the puddle!  It's the PUSH that helped me get here.

It was March and I didn't have enough coming on my part time radio DJ check to pay rent. I had sold everything on ebay or plato's closet.  I was in tears.  I wanted to crawl back to Indiana.  My friend Tracy sent me $100 to make rent then she that same week scored $400 herself gambling!  Karma bitches!  She pushed me into the clear.  Then the push came from my friend Rose.  She said you do makeup and I found a makeup artist job in a park in Raleigh for a small film.  I said I don't know, that something I've never done!  She showed up at my house and said I booked it now what do we need to do this!?  I said I've got all the stuff I just haven't done "movie make up"   She said I'll go with you and I'll run to get whatever you need!   The push.

So we show up and the people were awesome!  It amazed me the talent that was on this set.  I felt lucky to meet these artists.  The Macgyver move came.  They needed me to make the actors pale!  What!?  I have bronzer but pale?! I went into action and mixed white eye shadow with foundation and  tested it on my friend. The trick worked!  I was pushed to do something I didn't think I could do and I ended up finding something I was good at doing.  They've continued to rebook me and I'm very proud of the Webiseries "Outside of Darkness"

The push.  If I were never a brokebitch trying to live my radio dreams out I would have never answered an ad for a makeup artist on a movie set.  It turns out it's a great creative outlet for me.  I get paid to play with makeup, it's another dream come true without knowing it was a dream! Sometimes you need to hit the floor to reach for the stars.  If you comfortably float in the middle, why would you ever reach for anything else?!

the Push.  Hope you have the pleasure of getting the Push you need.

xoxo

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment