Thursday, May 20, 2010

brokebitch scenerio # 16


I opened my mail. 9 envelopes. 8 envelopes contained bills. One contained my happiness for the day. $9. I received $9 from my insurance company. when you lose everything materialistic in your life you come to value what you have left. You truly value what you get too! 8 Years ago when my Grandfather's will gave me money I would of laughed at $9 and shoved it to the back of my desk like it wasn't important.

I'm finding I need less and less. I once went through my stuff in Indiana and said I could never get rid of this Coach purse. Now, it's like really? It's a Coach purse. Yes, you can get rid of it. What does a purse mean if you have nothing to put in it? Can you buy a Coach purse someday when you have money? Hell yes. Everything material is replaceable.

My Grandma celebrated her 85th birthday. This moment is irreplaceable. I sold my Tiffany Necklace and bracelet to be with her. You realize what is important when you're broke.

My friend Julie said "just think how much knowledge and appreciation you'll have when you make it!" It wasn't as if I didn't have great work ethic when I had money; it's a new appreciation that comes from living paycheck to paycheck. Most Americans do live paycheck to paycheck. It's as if I am being shown what it's like to have compassion and empathy for others.

I used to give canned food every year to different food pantries. However, I'd think to myself, who eats that? It's cheaper so, I do now. Life is funny.

~Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment